Mason containers are not simply for Grandmas as well as their homegrown pickles anymore! There are plenty unique and functional uses for this traditional home essential. Observe my personal sector on innovative Uses for Mason containers….and especially when Marlon Wayans (top know for aˆ?White girlsaˆ? and aˆ?Scary Movieaˆ?) got a scare of his very own as he met with the delight of sampling all of our well-known, southern delicacy: cool, Uncooked Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Hey, it was only a prop, I happened to ben’t expecting you to actually eat they!
1. Turn your own blender into a quick fix! I really like the thought of the magic pill and it is power to develop individualized smoothies according to individual choice. But my 14-year-old blender is still lively and kicking, therefore I really don’t need certainly to (nor desire to) purchase one additional appliance to take up precious space for storage.
Did you know that a general mason jar may be used in place of the pitcher of many blenders? Yes, it surely can! Numerous detachable knife assemblies screw right onto a small-mouth Mason jar. I enjoy save a few aˆ?smoothie packagesaˆ? (in other words. a variety of proteins dust, ultra Seed, P2P, flax-seed, etc.) in containers in my own pantry, then toss in the best frozen fruit for a quick, single-serve smoothie. And since I’m able to drink it right from the container, you will find significantly less dishes to clean. Which is a WIN-WIN for me!
2. Blueberry Pancakes in a container. On a busy weekday early morning who wants to feel trapped flipping pancakes over a hot griddle? Not me personally! This is why I ENJOY this amazing time-saver of experiencing ready-to-cook person Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Their kiddos can merely grab a jar, take it when you look at the microwave and morning meal are offered…all if you are gradually going up out of bed.
Formulation 1 cup flour (i take advantage of whole-wheat pastry flour) 1 TB cooking dust 2 TB glucose (or Stevia) 2 TB melted butter 3/4 mug milk Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Integrate flour, baking powder, and sugar in limited pan, and whisk until merged. Carefully blend in melted margarine and milk products until combined. Cannot over blend.
Shop instantaneously in ice box. When prepared consume, merely seize one, get rid of the top, and cook in the microwave (1 min for lightweight jars, or 90 seconds for large containers). Best with hot syrup.And the good thing: you are able to devour these straight-out of container. Which is COURSE with a capital aˆ?K,aˆ? ya’ll!
3. Make-ahead green salad in a container. These are generally awesome to organize a few days in advance, store into the fridge and seize if you are on course outside or desire a fast food home. The main element will be covering the heavy and wet foods FIRST, therefore, the additional stuff continue to be crisp and fresh. Here is an example of how-to coating the green salad:
1) BOTTOM aˆ“ dressing/liquid 2) significant ingredients which hold up better when submerged in dressing aˆ“ kidney beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion 3) hefty items that you might not want straight holding the dressing whenever kept 4) Leafy greens/light ingredients which take up most area aˆ“ spinach, kale, chard, arugula 5) A small amount of heavier feature things aˆ“ nuts, seeds, dried-fruit, croutons, highlight herbs 6) very top aˆ“ colorful components to perk up your own taste buds as soon as you take open the container aˆ“ fruit, edible blossoms, natural herbs
Image Credit Score Rating
4. DIY Powdered Sugar Shaker. I love to sprinkle only a little powdered glucose on french toast or brownies, but inevitably there is a giant mess that uses each time We pull out that crumpled bag. In order to avoid that, I placed a couple of servings in a Mason container, seize a lid, hammer and smaller tack complete. Create a number of openings and…voila…you’ve had gotten yourself a mess-free way to delight in what white, powdery benefits!
Image Credit Score Rating
5. Foam milk products without a frother. Don’t have a fancy-schmancy espresso device with connected milk products steamer? Don’t worry about it. Only complete a little jar with a bit of milk products (only halfway) and move before the milk enjoys doubled in proportions. Pop-off the cover and microwave the whole milk for half a minute.
6. Handmade Food Present Jars. Well, duh, this 1’s pretty self-explanatory, but I couldn’t let it rest away. We’ve most likely all obtained or provided a aˆ?Cookie Mix in a Jar.aˆ? This season we provided ChexA® Muddy BuddiesA® Christmas present Jars. See the tutorial here.
7. Store volume foodstuff When I come home from Sprouts, I usually bring a few huge, plastic bags chock-full of dried beans, quino and natural almonds. Maintain activities neat and tidy inside the kitchen, I prefer my handy-dandy KitchenAid Pro channel to easily fill the jars and shop my personal volume items on the shelves. I do believe my border-line OCD hubby appreciates the time and effort, also.
8. Freeze Leftover Soups and Stews in Jars. I am aware a lot of us are making an effort to result in the turn from plastic to glass when it comes to snacks storing because current research reports have connected chemicals like BPA, phthalates, and PFCs to health problems in human beings. Whenever possible, I like to use containers for things we propose to shop for very long amounts of time. I’ll complete a jar with leftover soups, screw regarding the lid, mark they using a sharpie, and set they during the fridge. Be sure to best fill to 2/3 chock-full of water to allow for expansion otherwise the jar may crack.